Thursday, November 22, 2007

I Heart NY

I went to New York City November 8-11 with my church on an outreach trip. We did get some time for sight-seeing, too.

Times Square


We took a tour of NBC Studios including Conan O'Brien's set and the Saturday Night Live set. At the end of the tour, they let two volunteers be part of a newscast - I was the newscaster and discovered a new career!

Here are the skaters at Rockefeller Center:


Later on we went to the Empire State Building.






Friday morning some of us got up and went down to the Today Show. I even got on the show - right over Matt Lauer's shoulder.


Here is the tree arriving at Rockefeller Center during the Today Show:




That afternoon we visited Ground Zero.






Friday night and Saturday was our ministry time. Saturday we went to Brooklyn to serve Thanksgiving dinner at a church. Found this canopy along a street. Saturday night I got to drive the 15-passenger van with our team - and found a new career, cabbie in Manhattan!


The Manhattan skyline


The tree is now up at Rockefeller Center!

No comments: