Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Phantom

I had probably one of the best Halloweens ever last night. Which isn't hard because I have never really celebrated Halloween so I don't have that many to base it on. But I really did have one of the best Halloweens ever last night.

I went with my friends Shelby, Shelley and Joe (Joe got the tickets from his boss) to the 1925 Original Silent Film Classic Phantom of the Opera with Live Concert Organ at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center downtown.

It was totally rad! They showed the silent movie while the organist accompanied in an improv style. The crowd was encouraged to participate with cheers and boos and hisses...though we think many didn't know the story at the beginning cuz they were hissing for the wrong people. They eventually caught on.

The organist had a really great sense of humor. One of the highlights was during the scene when Carlotta was singing (even though the Opera Ghost told her not to), the organist was playing "I Feel Pretty" from "West Side Story." So you see her acting and seeing on stage at the Paris Opera House and imagining her singing "I Feel Pretty"...very humorous.

It made me want to watch Mystery Science Theater 3000. OK, I need to log on to Netflik....

No comments: